- Globe announced the rollout of its second fiber optic backbone network (FOBN2), a high capacity transmission system that spans over 1,900 kilometers of inland and submarine cable, covering most areas of Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.
- Globe achieved ISO 27001:2005 certification for Information Security Management
- Globe provided vital data center hosting and transmission services for the 2010 national elections
- Globe partnered with NAMFREL (National Citizens' Movement for Free Elections), SLB (Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan) and PPCRV (Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting) in support of efforts for honest, clean and credible results in the Philippines' first-ever fully-automated elections.
- Globe launched its new facility in Nasugbu, Batangas. The new Globe International Cable Landing Station is the site of the Southeast Asia Japan Cable (SJC) System where Globe is the exclusive landing party in the Philippines.
- Globe conducted a live internet surfing demonstration using the Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology as part of a series of LTE trials spearheaded by Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel) Group for Asian telco markets, including the Philippines.
- The networks of Globe Telecom and Bayan Telecommunications (BayanTel) were 100% interconnected in all areas both companies serve in the Philippines, following the opening of local interconnection between the two companies for the provinces of Northern Samar and Western Samar.
CONSUMER SALES & AFTER SALES
- Globe launched Flagship Store which showcases the "blueprint for the future" of Globe as it veers away from the traditional utilitarian concept typical of telecom service outlets towards a digital lifestyle that places the needs of customers above everything else
- Globe fully launched online customer service channels on Globe Facebook and Twitter
- Globe launched KaGlobe Retailer Club, RP's first loyalty club for telco retailers
- Globe introduced the country's first public Webphone, "E-Stop", that enables consumers to call, surf, email and send videos.
- Globe's WiMax service reached over 100,000 subscriber mark, making the country's first WiMAX network the biggest and fastest-growing network of its kind in the Philippines.
- Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas approved the use of Globe Telecom Sub Distributors as GCASH Outlets, making it the largest remittance network in the Philippines with 18,000 outlets.
- Globe through its wholly-owned subsidiary G-Xchange Inc. (GXI), partnered with the highly-popular Internet social networking site, Multiply, for online payment settlement.
- Globe launched its GCASH REMIT, which eventually commissioned to be a channel for disbursement for financial aid to indigent families in very remote areas by the Department of Social Welfare and development's Conditional Cash Transfer
- Globe launched the first fully customizable mobile money based GCASH Card
- Online payment in all SM Cinema using Globe GCASH
- BPI-Globe BanKO was launched to provide microfinance and banking services to customers at the base of the economic pyramid using GCASH
- Globe introduced "My Super Plan", the first and only personalized Postpaid Plan that allows users to design their own plan based on their needs.
- Globe launched iPhone4 in the Philippines
- Tattoo launched an all-in-one Tattoo Superstick.
- Globe introduced Tattoo Torque which is powered by the fiber-optic product known as GPON (Gigabit Passive Optical Network).
- Globe launched new loyalty programs, My Rewards, My Globe and TM Astig Rewards.
- Globe launched My Rewards, My Globe Plus, the Philippines' most innovative mobile advertising service that gives customers the freedom to opt-in and receive the information they prefer in exchange for rewards points.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Globe connected 2,012 public schools, the most number of internet installations set up by any telecommunications company in the Philippines
- Through the Global Filipino Teachers program, Globe was able to train 247 teachers across the country
- About 900,000 students from 331 public elementary schools used Text2Teach
- Globe Telecom and other local mobile operators form a landmark partnership with the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) and the Philippine Disaster Recovery Foundation (PDRF) on disaster preparedness.
- Globe joined hands with the Commission on Information and Communications Technology (CICT) and the National Computer Center (NCC) to work with the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) on the improvement of its in-house basic system, requirements analysis, assessment of outsource solutions, and IT service support.
- Globe, in partnership with the Department of Agriculture (DA) and the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), came up with a special mobile service for farmers to help ensure that the country's rice production will remain sustainable and stable.
- Globe marked another first in achieving its objective of sustainable environmental development with the launch of the Green Line-a dedicated 24-hour call and text facility where residents and other concerned parties can report violations of environmental laws and policies.
- Globe Bridgecom's Enterprise Development Program benefited more than 32,000 Filipino leaders and microentrepreneurs from more than 5,000 barangays all over the country.
- Globe launched Globe Goes Green - an engagement campaign that seeks to integrate key environmental initiatives to our business strategy
- Globe launched the Globe Cordillera Challenge to raise consciousness and funds for the reforestation of the Cordillera Mountains
- Globe Negostar was launched to reach out to SMEs nationwide with the aim of helping grow businesses. Globe conducted 17 Negostar for a Globe Business' Carrier Ethernet services acquired MEF 9 certification