Frequently Asked Questions
Netflix for Postpaid CustomersWhat is Netflix?
Netflix is a global provider of on-demand movies and TV series. It is also known to own original and quality content which may be viewed anytime and anywhere.
There are a number of quality movies and TV series that you can watch via Netflix ranging from Action, Comedy, Drama, Horror, and Romance. There is a parental control mechanism to limit kid-friendly content for young viewers' entertainment. But what's unique about Netflix is its original and quality programming. Some example hits are House of Cards, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Orange is the New Black.
Customers on myLifestyle Plan (starting January 2017), or thePLAN 999 and above get a Netflix gift subscription good for 6 months under Netflix Standard Plan, valued at P460/month.
Select Globe At Home customers are also eligible for a Netflix gift! To know more about Netflix Gift offers for Globe At Home customers, go here.
You're free to customize as long as your Monthly Service Fee is at least a P999 value.
You'll receive a text from Globe a day after successfully activating your new Postpaid plan with instructions on how to activate your Netflix gift.
Here are the steps below:
- Step 1: Go to netflix.globe.com.ph, and tap/click "Verify Now".
- Step 2: Enter your Globe mobile number and wait for the one-time password to be sent to your phone.
- Step 3: Input the one-time-password and you'll be redirected to a screen saying you're eligible for a 6 month Netflix gift.
- Step 4: Tap/click "I accept", to accept the terms and conditions. You'll then be redirected to the Netflix Portal.
- Step 5: Create your Netflix account and start watching!
You'll need to sign in as a Netflix Philippines user and wait for your current subscription to end in order to use your Netflix gift.
Your gift subscription on Netflix is valid for redemption for 6 months. Gift subscriptions that are not redeemed within the redemption period shall be forfeited and will not be replaced.
The minimum required connection speed is 0.5Mbps, but you may want a faster connection for improved video quality.
The recommended Internet download speed per stream for high definition quality content is 5.0Mbps.
You can stream videos online at www.netflix.com/ph or download the Netflix app to your iOS or Android device using a Philippine account.
You can watch content on Netflix instantly from any Internet-connected device that offers a Netflix app, such as a smartphone, tablet, gaming console, laptop or streaming media player (set-top box).
Yes. You can download selected movies and TV shows from Netflix. Just refer to the library of content that are available for download, choose your movie/ TV episode, and then click the download icon.
It is best to download while on Wi-Fi and you may download as many movies and series as you like as far as your device storage can accommodate. Successful downloads can then be watched on-the-go even without access to internet.
The number of devices that may be allowed to instantly watch simultaneously will depend on your Netflix subscription plan. The Netflix Standard gift that comes with select Globe Postpaid plans allows viewing up to 2 screens.
The available Netflix plans are as follows:
- Netflix Basic (P370/month) – Standard Definition video quality (SD) with only 1 concurrent user allowed
- Netflix Standard (P460/month) – High Definition video quality (HD) with 2 concurrent users allowed
- Netflix Premium (P550/month) – Ultra High Definition video quality (UHD) with 4 concurrent users allowed.
Yes, you can upgrade your Netflix gift subscription to a Premium account (4 concurrent users with UHD video quality) valued at P550, or downgrade to a Basic plan (1 concurrent user with SD video quality) but this will affect the validity of your promotion period depending on the consumed gift credits brought by the change.
You may track your gift credits by accessing the account settings in your Netflix app.
After your Netflix Gift subscription ends, you'll be auto-renewed to the paid version of Netflix based on your current Netflix plan.
If you don't want your Netflix to auto-renew to the paid version, you can simply cancel your subscription by logging into your Netflix account before the auto-renewal date.
You may cancel your Netflix subscription anytime by accessing your account settings in your Netflix app. Simply follow the steps below:
- In the Netflix app, click the burger icon in the upper left corner of your home screen beside the Netflix logo
- Under Settings, click Account
- Click Cancel Membership
- Click Complete Cancellation to confirm the action. You should see a message saying your Netflix cancellation will be effective at the end of your current subscription period. You will also receive an email confirmation of your cancellation.
Yes! You can still enjoy Netflix with paid access charged to your prepaid load or postpaid bill. To learn more go here.