Frequently Asked Questions
Spotify PremiumWhat is Spotify?
Spotify is a music streaming app that allows you to stream over 30 million songs, create and share playlists, etc. There are two versions of Spotify.
- Spotify Basic or the free version of Spotify
- Spotify Premium
Differences between the two versions are as follows:
|Enjoy ad-free listening|
|Shuffle play any playlist or artists' catalog|
|Create your own playlists|
|Play any song on-demand|
|Listen to the highest audio quality|
|Download music and listen offline|
It's just easy. You can sign up for a Spotify Account by choosing any of these:
- Option 1: Visit their site www.spotify.com and click Sign Up.
- Option 2: Download the Spotify app from the app store of Android (Google Play), iOS (App Store), Windows 8 (Marketplace) or BlackBerry 7 (BB World). Open the app and sign up for an account.
- Option 3: Register to GoSURF offer that has free Spotify Premium (GS 599 or 999), choose Spotify Premium as your freebie, click on the link on the confirmation SMS and sign up for an account.
- Option 4: Register to a stand-alone Spotify Premium (Add-on/Pack) promo. Click on the link on the confirmation SMS and sign up for an account or log in to your account.
Yes you may but you can only link your account to a maximum of 3 devices.
When you log in to Spotify using your account in different or various devices, you get to enjoy the Spotify service tied to that account. This means if your account is tagged with a Spotify Premium subscription, when you log in to let's say, using your iPhone 5c, Note 2 and iPad, you will see and experience Spotify Premium.
But, only the mobile number that you used to register to GoSurf with Spotify Premium as freebie will have free access to Spotify. For the other devices, regular browsing rates will apply for streaming unless you register to a mobile data promo.
Offline Mode is the amazing feature of Spotify Premium that allows you to "download" music on the app so you can listen to it even without data or Wi-Fi! You can save up to 3,333 songs on your phone, and that's a lot!
- You may register to a standalone promo by texting SP129 to 8080 as an add on, or it may be part of the consumables of your plan.
- You may get Spotify Premium as part of the free offers of GS 599 or 999 with your Plan*
- For Load Tipid Plan, MyStarter Plan, All-New MyStarter Plan, Spotify Premium can also be availed via Direct Carrier Billing.
*Customers who have never availed of ANY FREE Spotify Premium offers.
Due to the nature of your smartphone, it is important to have GoSURF to avoid getting bill shock.
Here's why: Your smartphone is designed to always connect to the internet for data. Since you'll need to enable data to enjoy Spotify music streaming, you may experience unwanted data charging coming from your other apps in the background. By registering to any GoSURF plan, your customer experience is protected.
Spotify Premium offer does not come with MB allocation. There is no MB allocation to track.
- For standalone promo users, you will be auto-renewed for P129.
- For users with the 3-month free offer, you will automatically be converted to the standalone offer if you did not opt out.
For Postpaid customers, your Spotify Premium subscription will automatically renew unless you choose to opt out. You will also be charged P129 after the trial period.
Note: Only customers who activated their Spotify Premium will be auto-renewed to the paid version.
Direct Carrier Billing (DCB) is an online payment method, which allows customers to charge the transactions to the mobile phone bill, or deduct from the prepaid load.
It's really simple! Just open the app, then select Globe Bill as payment method in the Subscription settings. You will then be sent a PIN code via SMS – just enter the code and confirm. This is only available to existing users. This is not yet opened to new users.
A Spotify Premium Subscription via DCB is P144.48 (P129 + 12% VAT).
No, your Spotify Premium subscription automatically renews every month.
This just means that you have a Spotify Premium subscription on us! To activate it, just go to spotify.globe.com.ph, or simply open the app.
Don't worry, it doesn't have any effect on the Spotify Premium subscription. The bill lines were just updated to make it more user-friendly. It also means that you still won't be paying for it.
If you have not activated the Free Spotify Premium within 3 months of your GoSURF subscription, you won't be able to do so anymore. You can still enjoy Spotify Premium by texting SP129 to 8080 though!
For Postpaid customers, you can subscribe to GoSURF 599 or 999, and choose Spotify Premium as your freebie as part of your plan.
That's also possible! You just need to cancel the current Premium subscription, then subscribe with the new chosen payment method. Don't worry, all your playlists and songs will still be there.
That's too bad, but you can opt out of the subscription by texting SPOTIFY STOP to 8080. This is valid for both Prepaid and Postpaid customers. You may still enjoy your music with Spotify Basic.