Frequently Asked Questions
Postpaid International Roaming FAQsHow do I activate the service?
As a general rule, Postpaid plans have their roaming service pre-activated. However, there are instances where the roaming service is deactivated such as, but not limited to, line-only plans or customer-initiated deactivation. By default, roaming is also not pre-activated for plans 599 and below.
For activation of the roaming service, please be ready to provide a copy of your proof of financial capacity such as computerized one month payslip, certificate of employment, BIR W2, etc.
If it's been pre-activated, you may want to turn your phone OFF then ON to refresh your signal.
Remember, if you're a Postpaid customer, roaming activation is generally automatic except for corporate-managed accounts, line-only subscriptions and those under Plans 599 and below.
You can now browse and bring all your favorite apps with you anywhere you go. With Globe's Roam Surf, you can enjoy all-day data roaming in over 100 countries worldwide for a flat 24-hour rate of only P599.
There's even no need to register. Simply turn on your mobile data / data roaming. Just ensure that you're connected to a preferred roaming partner for that country. For the list of countries and their respective roaming partners, visit http://www.globe.com.ph/international/roaming-Postpaid/zonal-rates
For other countries without Roam Surf, zonal rates with apply.
- For Zone 1 countries (Asia and America), data roaming will be charged P3/10kb.
- For Zone 2 countries (Africa and Europe), data roaming will be charged P5/10kb.
If you'd like to keep your data roaming off, please switch off the data roaming switch on your mobile settings and, for LTE capable phones, turn off the LTE switch as well.
To call a landline number, dial "+" + Country Code + Area Code + Telephone Number
To call another mobile phone, dial "+"; + Country Code + Mobile Access Number + Mobile Number
If you're calling from Korea or Japan, you can go straight to dialing Area Code + Telephone Number (for landline calls) or Mobile Access Number +Mobile Number (for mobile phone calls). No need to dial "+" + Country Code.
- When calling a landline in the Philippines: Dial "+" + 63 + Area Code + Telephone number For Japan roamers: Dial 001010 + 63 + Area Code + Telephone number
- When calling the landline of a network outside the Philippines: Dial "+" + Country Code + Area Code + Telephone number
For Japan roamers: Dial 001010 + Country Code + Area Code + Telephone number
- When calling the customer of a mobile network in the Philippines: Dial "+" + 63 + Mobile Access # + mobile number
For Japan roamers: Dial 001010 + 63 + Mobile Access No. + mobile number
- When calling the customer of a mobile network outside the Philippines: Dial "+" + Country Code + Mobile Access # + mobile number
For Japan roamers: Dial 001010 + Country Code + Mobile Access No. + mobile number
- When calling a roaming customer of Globe or customer of other mobile networks in the Philippines: Dial "+" + Country Code + Mobile Access # + mobile number
For Japan roamers: Dial 001010+ Country Code + Mobile Access No. + mobile number
Use the International Number format when sending a message to someone: "+" country code + mobile access number + mobile number. (e.g. +6391XXXXXXX).
If you're not registered to a roaming promo, corresponding zonal rates will follow. Remember that zonal rates apply to all types of roaming calls, whether you called within the roaming country you're in, or called back to the Philippines or called to another country.
Zone 1: P120/minute
Zone 2: P150/minute
To see all zonal groups and what countries belong to each of the zones, click here.
If you want to save on roaming costs, we suggest you register to our roaming promos, such as Roam Saver, Roam Unli Call & Text, Roam Lite, and many more!
If you have remaining balance from your previous bill, ensure that you pay this before leaving the country. You can have a relative in the Philippines settle this for you. You may also opt to use the online services of our banking partners such as BPI online banking.
Or you can simply log in or sign up to MyAccount at www.globe.com.ph/myaccount so you can start paying your bills anytime you want, anywhere you are.
To avoid other unwanted roaming charges, remember to:
- Register to Globe promos abroad via *143# as it's toll-free using your Globe mobile phone.
- Avoid calling international toll-free numbers using your Globe mobile number. Toll-free rates apply only when you're calling from a local landline abroad.
- Avoid making collect calls using your Globe mobile phone. You'll still be charged with roaming rates. Collect calls apply only when you're calling from a local landline abroad and if the called party accepts the call.