Travel the Globe with PowerRoam.
If you're planning your next trip abroad, be sure to take along your Globe mobile phone so you can PowerRoam your way around the world.
|POWERROAM WITH THESE GLOBE PREFERED PARTNERS TO ENJOY DISCOUNTED RATES|
|Australia (Optus)||India (Airtel)||Malaysia (Maxis)||Taiwan (Taiwan Mobile)|
|Canada (Rogers)***||Indonesia (Telkomsel)||Saudi Arabia (Mobily)||Thailand (AIS)|
|China (China Mobile/China Unicom)||Italy (Vodafone)*||Singapore (Singtel)||UK (Vodafone/Telefonica 02**)|
|Hong Kong (CSL)||Macua (CTM)||South Korea (SKT)||USA (AT&T)|
*Good News! Effective July 3, 2012, PowerRoam will be available in Italy through partner carrier Vodafone.
Boost your Globe Postpaid plan with PowerRoam and rest easy, knowing all your contacts back home are just a call, text, or email away.
- √ Fully consumable
- √ Available in 16 destinations
- √ More calls, texts, and mobile surfing
- √ No need to buy a prepaid SIM abroad
|Consumable Combo||Consumable within 30 days|
Call, Text, & Mobile Surfing
For more information, please call Globe Roaming Hotline at +6327301212 toll-free.
^Savings will vary depending on the roaming rates of the operator you subscribe to.
Only from Globe. The No. 1 in Postpaid.
Promo valid until June 30, 2013. Per DTI Permit No. 5758, series of 2013.
1. What is PowerRoam?
PowerRoam service is a fully consumable roaming plan that allows Globe Postpaid subscribers to enjoy discounted voice, SMS, and data roaming rates in 16 selected international destinations. Available plans are PowerRoam 499, PowerRoam 999, and PowerRoam 2999. These are open to all Globe Postpaid subscribers.
2. Where can I enjoy the PowerRoam service?
Below are the selected countries and the partner operators where PowerRoam is being offered. When you reach your travel destination, make sure that you manually select the Globe PowerRoam network operator. PowerRoam discounts apply only to PowerRoam network operator.
For example, you will be roaming in ITALY. Make sure that you select the mobile network VODAFONE OMNITEL and enjoy the discounted roaming rates.
|China||China Mobile/China Unicom|
|Italy (New!*)||Vodafone Omnitel|
|South Korea||SK Telecom|
|*Effective July 3, 2012, PowerRoam will also be available in Italy through partner carrier Vodafone Omnitel. |
**Effective July 25, 2012, Telefonica (02) will also be a PowerRoam partner in UK.
3. What are the benefits/saving I can enjoy if I subscribe to PowerRoam service?
You will be able to enjoy the discounted roaming rates in 16 selected countries with PowerRoam partner operators and save up to 75% on call, text, and mobile surfing charges. Discounts vary per country per operator.
4. What services are offered when using PowerRoam?
• Roaming Call
- Local calls within the roamed country (Example: you are roaming in Singapore and you make calls within Singapore)
- IDD calls back to the Philippines
• Roaming Text
- Outgoing text to the Philippines
- Outgoing text within the roamed country
- No charge on incoming text except in Canada (Rogers)
• Roaming Mobile Surfing
- Access to Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, Google, etc. using any phone (BlackBerry, iPhone, Android Phone, etc.)
NO DISCOUNTS (but will be deducted from your PowerRoam consumable)
IDD calls to another country – For example, you are roaming in Singapore and you will make outgoing calls to United Kingdom. You will be charged the regular IDD voice call rate, but this will be deducted from your PowerRoam consumable.
NOT INCLUDED IN POWERROAM CONSUMABLE
Incoming text message while roaming in Canada is not included in the consumable plan. Incoming message in Canada is charged USD 0.01.
5. What if I will roam to other countries that are not included in the PowerRoam selected destinations? Will I still be able to use my PowerRoam services?
Yes, PowerRoam consumable plan could still be used in other countries aside from the 16 destinations above, but you will be charged regular roaming rates deductible from your PowerRoam Plan.
6. How and where can I subscribe to PowerRoam?
a. Dial *143# (toll-free even when abroad) to access our self-service menu for free and go to "Roaming Promos" then select "Roaming Consumable Combo."
b. Via SMS – using your Postpaid mobile
- • SMS-based registration: User text keyword, waits for the SMS confirmation with terms and conditions
- • Regular postpaid subscribers: Text POWERROAM <denom> <mm/dd/yy> to 2884. (e.g. POWERROAM 999 11/30/10). To opt out, just text POWERROAM STOP.
- • Stores/Hotline: Registration to the service is free if availed in the Philippines. If registered outside the Philippines, registration using *143# USSD is toll-free. For SMS roaming, rates will apply per registration.
c. Via Hotline/Stores
- • Subscribers may just visit any Globe Business Center or call our 24-hour Hotline 730-1212 to request for the service. A SMS confirmation will be sent shortly.
- • If you are still within the Philippines, you can also call our 24-hour Hotline 7301010 to request for activation. Or, using your Globe mobile, dial 211 (Talk2Globe) to request for activation.
- • If you are abroad, you can call Globe Roaming Hotline toll-free number +637301212.
Please note of the following terms and conditions:
- • PowerRoam is valid within 30 days.
- • Service will be charged on top of your monthly Postpaid plan.
- • PowerRoam has no lock-up period.
- • PowerRoam is not auto-renewed and will be deactivated once the service expires.
- • There is no need to submit any additional documents when subscribing to PowerRoam.
- • In case of fraud, Globe reserves the right to discontinue your PowerRoam service.
7. Can I register to the service while abroad?
Dial *143# (toll-free even when abroad) to access our self-service menu for free and go to "Roaming Promos" then select "Roaming Consumable Combo."
*When you are in Canada, register by sending POWERROAM <denomination> to 2884.
8. What if I am in one of the selected 16 countries, but I am not logged on the preferred partner operator?
You will not be able to enjoy the discounted rates if you are not logged on to the right partner operator. Make sure to manually select the PowerRoam partner operator upon arrival in your destination. Always check that your mobile phone is set to that network.
9. Can I register to another PowerRoam plan while I still have remaining balance in my previous PowerRoam subscription that has not yet expired?
Yes, you can register to another PowerRoam plan. The remaining balance will be carried over to your new additional PowerRoam consumable plan.
|Remaining Balance from PowerRoam Plan 499||New Registration to PowerRoam Plan 999||Total PowerRoam Consumable Amount|
10. What happens if I used up the consumable amount before it even expires?
You will receive three SMS notifications for the duration of each subscription:
• First SMS – 50% consumed
• Second SMS – 100% consumed
• Third SMS – 6 hours before the 30-day expiry
Both at 100% and 6 hours before expiry, whichever comes first, you will be informed if you want to (1) renew your PowerRoam subscription and (2) revert to regular roaming rates in case of not renewing PowerRoam.
The SMS notifications do not show the actual consumed amount. This may be 24 to 48 hours delayed. There are delays because records of your roaming usage are sent by the roaming partners abroad and the average turn-over time is from 24 hours to 3 days. To address this delay, the notification updates will indicate the exact date and time of when the given update status holds true.
If you do not renew your PowerRoam, any succeeding roaming usage on call, text, and mobile surfing will be charged the regular roaming rate upon 100% of consumption of your PowerRoam.
11. What will happen if my PowerRoam subscription reaches 100% consumed or expiry?
Your succeeding transactions will be charged at regular roaming rates.
*Note: Charging duration is not in real time.
12. Is there a credit limit requirement when I subscribe to PowerRoam?
Credit limit requirement for PowerRoam is at least Php1,000. We recommend that you only register to the number of PowerRoam subscriptions within your budget.
13. Will my credit limit temporarily increase when I subscribe to PowerRoam?
No, your credit limit will not automatically increase when you avail of PowerRoam. However, you may call the Globe Hotline at +63-7301000 to request for a higher credit limit. Your request will be approved in a case-to-case basis.
14. Do I get charged for the SMS notifications regarding my PowerRoam subscription?
No, except for Canada (Rogers) that charges incoming text. An incoming message in Canada is charged 0.01USD.
15. What will happen to my PowerRoam subscription once I return to the Philippines and I still have remaining balance in my subscription?
You will not be able to use remaining PowerRoam as this is only for roaming. However, if your subscription has not expired yet and you will travel abroad again, you may use the remaining balance.
16. Until when will PowerRoam be valid?
The Promo is valid until June 30, 2013. Per DTI-NCR Permit No. 5758, Series of 2013.