Rather than having one-off consultations around specific topics, we prefer to take on an integrated approach towards our stakeholder engagement.
After a full stakeholder engagement exercise in 2015, our stakeholders have been grouped, based on their level of influence on our environmental, social, and governance performance, into 8 categories:
- Frontline Vendor Partner
- Service Vendor Partner
- Parent Companies and Affiliates
- Disaster respondents
Stakeholder engagement takes many forms, and it can be formal and informal. Rather than having one-off consultations around specific topics, we prefer to take an integrated approach towards stakeholder engagement. This means we have an ongoing dialogue about our role in society, our products and services, our business performance, and other issues.
The instruments we use to conduct this dialogue include:
- Customer hotlines and other self-service channels and/or touchpoints, satisfaction and engagement surveys, field visits, and product launches for customers;
- Engagement surveys, independent development plan discussion, performance evaluation, planning, meeting, and/or kick-offs or strategy alignment for our employees (KaGlobe);
- Program launches, forums, conferences and meetings, email correspondences, and focus group discussions with media;
- Conference, meetings, briefings, and/or electronic dialogue, compliance with laws and regulations, and partnerships with the government;
- Meetings and SMS text message alerts for disaster respondents;
- Board and committee meetings for parent companies and affiliates;
- Meetings and alignment, operations review, and audit for service vendor partners;
- Vendor engagement survey and town halls for frontline vendor partners.