Globe Business Backs the IT Sector With Digital Transformation Initiatives on National ICT Month
The economy has seen the rapid adoption of digital technologies among businesses to survive and thrive through the pandemic. Recognizing the need to fill the gap, the Philippine government has undertaken several initiatives to further strengthen the digital capabilities of local SMEs.
“We at the DICT continuously build strong Filipino start-up communities. We want to uplift the technology and business ecosystem of the country and present an opportunity to highlight the best of what the Philippine start-ups and ecosystem has to offer,” shared Emmy Lou Delfin, Director of the ICT Industry Development Bureau of the Department of Information and Communication Technology (DICT).
In support of this year’s National ICT Month, spearheaded by the DICT with the theme “Onwards Through ICT: Building a Stronger Philippine Digital Economy,” Globe Business launched several initiatives aimed at helping micro, small and medium enterprises fast-track digital transformation.
“As a staunch supporter of the ICT sector in the Philippines and the ICT Month, Globe Business believes in creating greater awareness on its valuable contribution to the economy and how digital transformation can fuel its growth,” said Nicola Ebrada, Industry Lead for InfoComm, Globe Business MSME Group.
Fostering an environment for business innovation with Globe Business’ Hack-It-On competition
Globe Business’ biggest initiative for the ICT Month is a virtual hackathon competition themed “Hack-It-On. Own the Power of API Innovation”, which puts the spotlight on the Information Technology and Business Process Management (IT-BPM) industry as an enabler of MSMEs.
The hackathon brought together talented individuals in information technology and business start-ups to create cutting-edge digital solutions that will empower businesses to thrive today and accelerate the shift towards a connected tomorrow using Globe Labs API solutions.
Participating teams went through enablement workshops to gain insights and techniques useful for their proposed apps or programs. The team with the most innovative digital solution will be awarded P200,000-worth of prizes from Globe, at the awarding ceremony on July 29.
Globe Business supports ICT Month with special offers for MSMEs
As part of Globe Business’ ICT Month offerings, customers who subscribe to Globe Labs API solutions for a minimum contract value will be able to choose from the following complimentary gifts: an 8th Generation iPad, up to P50,000 worth of GCash Credits, or Paid Training amounting to P30,000.
With Globe Business, MSMEs have five options of API solutions to choose from:
- SMS API makes it easy to communicate with all your customers through bulk messaging options that help you reach people from all networks, bearing your company name for more credibility.
- Sponsored Access encourages customers to use your app or visit your website by giving them free data connectivity when they use your app or site, resulting in a boost in engagement and foot traffic on your digital platforms.
- Rewards Load API helps you foster a stronger relationship with your customers by seamlessly rewarding them with Globe prepaid load; postpaid credits; or call, text, and surfing promos.
- Charging API allows for easier transactions between you and your customers, as they have the option to pay through their prepaid load or postpaid bill.
- Voice API enables businesses to cut back on staffing expenses and use voice automation to respond to customer inquiries.
Meanwhile, to help enterprises operate more efficiently despite current restrictions, Globe Business also launched several special offers to make remote working more productive.
Companies can choose from a range of subscriptions such as myBiz Data Plan 999, a 20GB data plan inclusive of a pocket wifi or a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0; Google Workspace, which includes productivity apps like Gmail, Drive, Docs, and Meet; Cloud Payroll, to automate salary computations, reduce errors, and track employee hours accurately; and many more.
Learn more about the InfoComm ICT month offers and activities at https://go.mybusinessacademy.ph/InfoCommICTMonth.