Globe Game Changer FAQs
Globe Game Changer is the country's premier digital innovation competition that aims to bring out the most innovative ideas from the best graduating students in the country-ideas that will change the game in and beyond the telecommunications industry.
The Wonderful 30 qualifiers will advance and learn more about leadership, innovation, and the digital lifestyle in a fun yet challenging 3-day business case workshop. The chosen students will also be mentored by passionate industry movers and brilliant leaders from Globe. Game changers get to take their ideas to the next level by presenting them to the Globe Senior Leadership Team.
The winner will take home Globe gadgets, cash prizes, and an all-expense-paid trip to a Bridge Alliance Telco partner abroad. The winner will also get the chance to kickstart his/her career by becoming a Management Trainee of Globe's Management Development Program (MDP) 2019.
MDP is an accelerated program that offers top fresh graduates the opportunity to gain exposure and training in the different departments of Globe. It features cross-functional on-the-job training and rotation, executive visibility and interaction through executive speaker series and mentorship, and corporate social responsibility projects that focus on key business thrusts and Globe values relevant to the holistic development of the MDP talent.
The management trainees of the MDP are hired solely through the Globe Game Changer.
Yes, Globe only selects from Globe Game Changer's Wonderful 30 those who'll become MDP management trainees.
Globe Game Changer is looking for high-potential students from all fields of study and from all academic backgrounds.
The following are welcome to apply:
- A graduating student whose expected date of graduation is before August 2019
- A fresh graduate who graduated in 2018 and has no prior corporate work experience
We want to see your:
- ✔ QPI or CGPA
- Examples: 3.4/4.0 for 4.0 grading systems and 1.25/1.0 for 1.0 grading systems
- ✔ Academic achievements
- Examples: Dean's Lister, Jose Rizal Honors Society Awardee or Running for Cum Laude
- ✔ Extra-curricular activities with description
- Example: College Government, Vice President for Project Management
- Oversees operational and logistical needs of all projects of the organization; Also assigned administrative tasks such as taking part in the brainstorming for projects, holding meetings for my department, making decisions both within my department and the organization as a whole, etc.
- ✔ Work-related exposure with job description.
- Example: Enterprise Group Intern, Globe Telecom.
- Spearheaded a new project that streamlines account management
You'll receive an email confirming the receipt of your application within 36 hours.
Out of all the applicants, 30 will eventually be chosen to advance to a 3-day business case workshop. If you're part of these Wonderful 30, you'll receive a congratulatory email. Do check out our social media channels for updates as well.
- The Assessment Center will be held on December 15, 2018.
- The Globe Innovation Challenge will be held from January 12 to 14, 2019.
Both events will be held at The Globe Tower (TGT), 32nd St., corner 7th, BGC, Taguig City.
The Globe Innovation Challenge is a 3-day event where participants get exposure through talks by Globe leaders, business case workshops, and other exciting activities. The Wonderful 30 will get to enjoy an all-expense paid, 3-days, 2-nights hotel stay.
We can provide excuse letters but all activity dates are final. If you are unavailable on the specified dates, your slot will automatically be forfeited.
Just e-mail [email protected] three (3) days before you need to submit the letter.
Every activity and every step is a basis for evaluation.