A wonderful world is closer than you think. Brilliant creators, amazing stories, a culture like no other—all these are significant pieces that make up the place we call home.
A MILESTONE FOR OPM
Eto Na Musikal nAPO! Gawad Buhay Awards
The musical comedy that brought nostalgia and romance with songs by the APO Hiking Society has received five major Gawad Buhay awards.
KNOW THE OTHER WAYS YOU CAN CREATE WITH LOVE
FIND MORE REASONS TO LOVE OUR HOME
PORK GINILING RECIPE
- 2 tablespoons atsuete oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- ½ kilo lean ground pork
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon calamansi extract
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup finely diced carrots
- ½ cup finely diced potato
- ½ cup frozen sweet peas
- ½ cup finely diced red bell pepper or pimiento
- ¼ cup raisins
- Saute the garlic and onions in atsuete oil until wilted.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add the ground pork until brown or cooked through.
- Season with salt, soy sauce, calamansi, and pepper.
- Introduce carrots and potatoes, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet peas, bell pepper, and raisins, then simmer for another minute.
- Serve warm.
ARROZ A LA CUBANA RECIPE
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- 3 cups cooked giniling*
- 1 tablespoon Spanish paprika
- Bananas (“Saba”)
- Put the cooked giniling in the pan.
- Heat the pan, then sprinkle the Spanish paprika and mix thoroughly.
- Turn off heat and set the mixed giniling aside.
- Peel some bananas and slice these thinly on a bias, then fry until light brown.
- Fry the eggs sunny-side up.
Serving Instructions (Individual Portion)
- Use a deep bowl and fill it halfway with the warm giniling.
- Add white rice to the bowl until it’s filled to the brim, then press down.
- Place a plate to cover the bowl, then flip both together over to transfer the bowl content to the plate before removing the bowl.
- Put a fried egg over the mound of rice and arrange some of the friend bananas on the plate.
- Serve warm with ketchup.
*apportion ½ cup giniling per person
**1 egg per person
RELLENONG TALONG RECIPE
- cooking oil
- ⅓ cup cooked beef giniling*
- 1 bowl of cold water
Instructions (To Cook the Eggplant)
- Prick the eggplant with a fork or use a sharp knife to score a few lines along its length. This will allow heat to penetrate the eggplant, so it becomes easier to peel.
- Grill the eggplant over the stovetop flame for about 3 minutes per side or until the skin is completely charred.
- Once cooked, remove the eggplant from the flame and set aside to cool down.
Instructions (To Cook the Rellenong Talong)
- Break the egg in a mixing bowl and salt and pepper (to taste). Whisk this until the texture is airy for about 10 seconds.
- Remove the skin of the cooked eggplant and dip it into the beaten egg mixture.
- Heat a non-stick pan and pour about ¼ cup of cooking oil.
- Place the eggplant into the pan and use a spoon to press down into its center to create a boat-like vessel.
- Put the cooked giniling into the eggplant boat.
- Pour 2 to 3 tablespoons of the beaten egg mixture over the eggplant.
- While the bottom of the eggplant is frying, tilt the pan lightly on one side and scoop some of the hot cooking oil unto its top.
*Add more giniling and egg depending on the size or number of eggplants