11 Things You Didn’t Know About Your Favorite Disney Princess Movies
You’ll never see these characters the same way ever again
1. Flynn Rider from Tangled (2010) was inspired by some of Hollywood’s hottest heartthrobs
The creators of the movie combined features of actors like Johnny Depp, Hugh Jackman, Brad Pitt, David Beckham and Gene Kelly to create Flynn.
2. Mulan (1998) is the first ever Disney cartoon to feature an Asian heroine
It is also the first Disney cartoon to openly address a real-world issue such as warfare.
3. Cinderella, Aurora from Sleeping Beauty (1959) and Anita Radcliffe from One Hundred and One Dalmatians (1961) shared the same live-action model: Helene Stanley
To capture the essence of the character, copy her movements and reactions, Disney cartoonists observed and created their sketches while Helene Stanley acted out scenes on a set.
4. Walt Disney won a Special Award for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937) at the 11th Academy Awards
Awarded by The Little Princess star Shirley Temple, it featured one full-sized Oscar statuette followed by seven smaller ones.
5. Moana (2016) is only the second Disney Princess movie to leave out a love story in the plot
The first one to skip out on the love story is Brave (2012).
6. Elsa’s Ice Palace needed at least 50 animators to create
An ice hotel in Quebec served as the inspiration for the elaborate structure.
7. In Beauty and the Beast the smoke that appears when the Beast transforms back into a man is a reused clip of real smoke
The snippet was originally from the 1985 cartoon movie The Black Cauldron.
8. The smash hit A Whole New World from Aladdin (1992) was originally entitled The World at Your Feet
Lyricist Tim Rice changed the title when he joined composer Alan Menken for the project.
9. Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty was inspired by Audrey Hepburn
The animators had the British actress in mind when they came up with Princess Aurora’s body type and slender figure.
10. Rapunzel and Flynn Rider from Tangled make a surprise appearance in the 2013 animated film Frozen
Surprisingly, a lot of characters make cameos in other Disney animated movies. Keep your eyes peeled!
11. Sebastian from The Little Mermaid originally had an English accent
It was lyricist Howard Ashman who suggested they try a Jamaican accent for the Caribbean crab.
#CreateMagic with Disney wallpapers and stickers and get a chance to win a trip to Tokyo Disneyland! All you have to do is key in MAGIC or other promotional keywords and send to 2346 (P2.50 per SMS). Click here to see the full mechanics.