Fully vaccinated individuals may now apply for a digital vaccination certificate that may soon be a prerequisite for travel and other endeavors
Economies are slowly recovering, and lockdown restrictions are easing up, but the COVID-19 crisis continues to disrupt lives. Fortunately, vaccination efforts have ramped up, and the Philippines has been adapting better to the new normal.
To ensure the public's safety, especially with the Omicron variant quickly spreading, local authorities require people to show proof of their vaccination when heading to certain establishments, tourist destinations and other formal purposes.
The Department of Health (DOH) recently launched VaxCert PH, a website that enables fully vaccinated individuals to apply for a digital vaccination certificate. What can you do with this certificate? How can you obtain your VaxCertPH for travel? For all the answers you need, read the guide we've prepared!
What's a VaxCert, and what is it for?
The COVID-19 Vaccination Program Act of 2021 or Republic Act 11525 mandates DOH to issue and verify certificates to everyone who has completed their vaccination.
VaxCert PH works with the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) and the DOH in establishing a digital VaxCert PH verifier that coincides with the guidelines provided by the World Health Organization.
With VaxCertPH, you can prove your status as an individual with full vaccination against COVID-19. This is especially important when traveling abroad, coupled with the International Certification of Vaccination (ICV) that works as a vaccine passport for international and domestic travels.
How can I get a VaxCert?
You can either apply through the online portal or ask your local government for help. Since VaxCerts can serve as travel passes, you should have this on hand along with your passport during your travels.
Haven't applied for a passport yet? Read our guide on Philippine passport requirements and applications!
For the website registration of your VaxCertPH, follow these steps:
1. Head over to https://vaxcert.doh.gov.ph/.
2. Once you agree to the privacy terms and conditions, you will be asked if you've been vaccinated for more than 48 hours.
3. Check "yes" if it applies, and enter your personal details.
4. Next, enter your vaccination details that can be found on your COVID-19 vaccination card. This includes the city or municipality where you were vaccinated and the dates of your first and second dose.
5. Upon reviewing your vaccination details and cross-checking them with government records, you will be asked to upload a copy of your valid ID and vaccination card and your contact information.
6. The validity of the certificate is confirmed 14 days before your registration. You can then obtain a QR code of your VaxCertPH.
How can I verify my VaxCert?
To fully complete your VaxCertPH, you'll need a smartphone, tablet or any device that has a camera. Here's how you can verify your VaxCert!
1. Open your mobile device and access https://vaxcert.doh.gov.ph/.
2. Once you're in, you will be asked whether you will request a vaccination certificate or verify an existing one. Select the latter option.
3. Allow access to your phone's camera and click the scan button.
4. Once you've successfully scanned the QR code of your vaccine certificate, the application will display your details together with your QR code.
5. Congratulations! Your request for verification is approved.
Secure your VaxCert
With proof of vaccination given utmost importance, especially for travel-related purposes, it is crucial to secure your VaxCertPH once you're fully vaccinated. Whether you're on a road trip to Baguio or lounging in the beautiful beaches of Boracay, having it on hand will make your trips seamless.
Planning your summer vacation as early as now? We're here to help! Know the toll rates to popular tourist destinations such as Batangas by reading our Ultimate Guide to SLEX, NLEX and Skyway Stage 3! But before you hit the road with your friends and family, make sure that you have a reliable pocket Wi-Fi like the MyFI LTE for a safe, convenient and comfortable trip.