Terms and Conditions
As a contestant for the 2019 Globe Picture Perfect Photo Contest (“Contest”) of Globe Telecom, Inc. (“Globe”), I warrant that I have carefully read, and agree without reservations, to the Mechanics of the Contest and the following Terms and Conditions:
1. Representations and Warranties
I represent and warrant that:
a. I am a Filipino citizen, a permanent resident of the Philippines and at least 21 years of age;
b. I am not in any way related by affinity or consanguinity with any Globe employee within the 4th degree;
c. All information provided on my online registration is true and correct;
d. I am submitting a maximum of ten (10) photo entries, which are my original works;
e. I am the sole owner with full legal rights, title, and interests over the photo entries and I have not in any way assigned, licensed, disposed of, encumbered in favor of third parties;
f. Each photo submitted:
1) is in JPEG or TIFF format, in A3 Size (11.69 x 16.53 inches) at 300 dpi and minimum file size of 10 MB;
2) was taken using professional cameras;
3) is not abstract in nature;
4) was not be taken with fish-eye lenses and stitched panoramas;
5) was not be digitally enhanced or manipulated;
6) has no borders or frames;
7) does not contain any identifying marks such as but not limited to date stamps, watermarks or any text to insinuate about me as the owner of the photo;
8) does not (a) include, feature, or focus any material owned or controlled by third parties, or (b) include or contain any copyrighted material including but not limited to another artworks or photos;
9) does not violate another person’s rights, including but not limited to privacy and intellectual property rights;
10) does not contain any false, misleading, harmful, obscene, pornographic, sexually-explicit, defamatory, or libelous in character, offensive, encourages commission of an illegal, immoral, or threatening activity, promotes harassment, racism, hatred, discrimination against any group or individual, cultural appropriation, or shows support or opposition to any political or religious group or person; or
11) has not been submitted to any other contests or published publicly (i.e. used for news, advertising, or elsewhere).
g. I have secured the appropriate consents, clearances, permissions and releases (including but not limited to releases from all persons appearing in the submission, location releases, and releases from all creative consultants or others who have assisted in the creation of the photo).
2. Grounds for Disqualification
I understand and agree that the following are grounds for disqualifications:
a. Any photo entry that have been submitted after the deadline (31 January 2020 at 5 PM);
b. Any photo that violates the conditions set forth in under “Photo Specifications and Guidelines” as stated in the Contest Mechanics;
c. Non-compliance with the Contest Mechanics; or
d. Breach of any of the above-mentioned representations and warranties.
3. Evaluation of Photo Entries
3.1 I agree that in the course of examining my photo entries, Globe reserves the right to require the submission of further information or documents necessary for the proper assessment of my photo entries.
3.2 I acknowledge and agree that the determination of winners by the judging committee is final and not subject to appeal. The deliberations and discussions of the judging committee are confidential and will not be made public. The judging committee will deliberate and decide based on the Criteria provided in the Contest Mechanics, and has no obligation to justify or explain its final decision.
4. Grant of Right and License
4.1 I understand and agree that upon submission of my photo entries in the Contest, I grant Globe a royalty free and exclusive license to use, duplicate, replicate and/or disseminate any or all of my photos
without need of prior notice for the following purpose:
a. promotion of the Contest, and
b. Globe’s commercial use, through any and all means, and in any and all platforms including but not limited to, broadcast media, exhibit, print or internet, with appropriate credit or attribution of creation to me as the creator of the photos.
The grant of right and license shall be for a period of one (1) year from 01 December 2019 to November 30, 2020 (“License Period”). Further, I agree that I cannot use, exhibit or publish the photos without Globe’s prior written consent.
For clarity, Globe may use any or all my photos in the following manner:
Globe Print Materials
• Out -of-home materials (banners, streamers, lamp posts, billboards, LEDs, etc.)
• Paper bags (for Globe Stores)
• Print ads
• Store merchandising (stickers, wobblers, tent cards, signages, etc.)
• Greeting cards or invitations
• Annual Report Book
Globe Digital Materials
• Social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, etc.)
• Powerpoint presentations (Cover and inside pages)
• Portal / Website pages of Globe
• Digital e-mailers
• Digital invites
• Television commercials
• Electronic Direct Mail (EDM)
• Online Ads / Pop-up Ads on social media platforms
4.2 I also permit Globe, its agents and authorized representatives, to take videos and photographs containing my image and likeness in relation to the Contest. I agree that Globe has full use of these materials, along with my photos, for promotional and publicity purposes, free of any fee, and without the need of prior notice. I release and hold free and harmless Globe, its agents and authorized representatives, from any and all claims or causes of action by reason of the use of my image and likeness.
5. Liabilities and Remedies
5.1 I agree to defend, indemnify, and hold free and harmless Globe, its stockholders, officers, employees, and agents, from and against any and all suits, causes, claims, damages, losses and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) or causes of action from third parties arising from or in connection with my registration and participation in the Contest and my photo entries.
5.2 I further agree that in no event will Globe, its stockholders, officers, employees, and agents be liable for any incidental, indirect, special, or consequential damages of whatever kind and nature, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
6. Data Privacy
6.1 I agree that it is mandatory for me to provide the personal information in the online registration. If I do not provide such personal information, Globe may not be able to process my registration and accept my photos.
6.2 I agree that the personal information I provided will be used --- (a) for the purpose of my participation in the Contest, and (b) for statistical, analytical, and research purposes such as to further improve the Contest. I further understand that Globe or its contractors will handle and process the personal information I have provided only for the above-mentioned purpose.
6.3 In accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, I accept that I have the right to access and to make corrections to the personal information in my online registration, and the right to request a copy of their personal information. Written requests may be made to Globe’s designated point person.
7.1 To preserve the integrity of the Contest, I agree to keep my participation in the Contest confidential, and will not disclose or communicate to any third party any data or information received or to be received from Globe in the course of and in connection with the Contest.
7.2 I acknowledge I may be given access to or become acquainted with confidential and proprietary information and trade secrets of Globe (the “Confidential Information”).
7.3 I shall not disclose Confidential Information directly or indirectly to any third party, except with Globe’s prior written approval. This obligation shall survive the termination of the Contest.