Want to keep up with the latest in tech?
A comparative overview of Globe Telecom’s prepaid, postpaid, and platinum plans
In today’s fast-paced digital world, it can be tricky to communicate and carry out daily tasks without your phone. Greater mobile internet access surely helps in this regard. It has made smartphones indispensable, allowing you to consume news, entertainment, and other relevant information as you go about your day.
Thanks to countless innovations, choosing a mobile plan that suits your needs, lifestyle, and budget is now a lot easier. That said, subscribers, of course, have different requirements, which is why Globe provides a wide array of prepaid, postpaid, and platinum plans.
If you want to know the difference between prepaid vs. postpaid plans, the answer is simple. Prepaid plans are paid upfront, making it perfect for those on a budget, while postpaid plans are paid monthly and often come with a device or SIM card. Then, you have Globe Platinum, a premium service that offers unlimited data, exclusive perks, and priority network access.
If you want to upgrade your current plan or switch to Globe, the guide ahead is for you.
Prepaid, Postpaid, or Platinum: Which Service Is Best for Me?
Prepaid mobile plans are subscriptions you pay upfront in-store, online, or through an auto-charge feature. If you are on a budget and do not want to commit to monthly premiums, prepaid is a good fit for you. In addition, the great thing about Globe Prepaid is that you don’t have to stick to fixed promos. Here, you can personalize them or choose from the many call, text, and surf options available.
Postpaid mobile plans, meanwhile, come with a monthly bill. They’re pricier compared to prepaid but come with a bigger data allowance along with exclusive perks. Globe Postpaid lets you personalize the number of calls, texts, data allowance, and inclusions per month, too.
There’s also a postpaid plan that comes with a device or SIM card. When applying for postpaid, remember that you must submit certain requirements such as proof of identification, billing address, and evidence of financial capability.
Lastly, Globe offers subscribers premium services and an improved postpaid experience through Globe Platinum and its platinum plans. These are subscriptions that consist of unlimited data allowance, consumable allowance, paired devices, exclusive perks, and a priority network. Being a platinum subscriber essentially gives you better access to Globe’s support channels and additional privileges.
5 Factors to Consider When Choosing a Mobile Plan
With so many plan options available, it’s good to start by thinking about the features that matter to you most. Below is a list of factors to consider when choosing your mobile plan:
1. Budget: Generally, the more expensive the plan, the greater the perks and advantages. Study the cost of the mobile plan you have in mind and determine if your budget fits. Compare the prices of your current plan and the other options to see where you can get your money’s worth.
For example, if you only need to use call, text, and surf for a short period of time, prepaid would be the best option for you. If you have a bigger budget available to you for calls, texts, and data, consider going for either a postpaid or platinum plan.
2. Desired perks and rewards: With increased mobile internet usage, plans by telecommunications companies now come with added perks and rewards to entice more customers. However, these benefits are rarely present in prepaid plans.
If you enjoy exploring and using different apps, you may want to spring for a postpaid plan. This comes loaded with app subscriptions and rewards points that allow you to maximize mobile data use. Meanwhile, a platinum plan gives you the same perks while making you a priority customer. With this, you can access customer support channels, events, discounts, and freebies from local and international merchants.
3. Flexibility: Prepaid plans only charge you the amount indicated by your chosen subscription or the load you put in. With prepaid, there are no lock-up periods, contracts, or additional fees. Postpaid plans, on the other hand, come with a lock-up period of up to 36 months. (Depending on the duration, these plans also come with a mobile or tablet device to make the subscription extra special.)
If you are not strict with your subscription needs and want to change things up from time to time, get yourself a prepaid plan. If you prefer a long-term commitment and the added benefits, postpaid would suit you better.
4. Data allowance: An essential factor when choosing a mobile plan is data allowance. Prepaid plans offer various megabyte (MB) or gigabyte (GB) data allowances for different mobile data users. Postpaid plans, on the flip side, offer consumable data (usually in GB) in big or unlimited amounts.
Choose the mobile plan according to the amount of data you use regularly. A prepaid plan is practical if you happen to be a casual mobile data user. Perhaps you use around 1GB or less daily. But if you use more than 1GB or do not have Wi-Fi access at home, you may want to consider a postpaid plan.
5. Customer service: Consider the quality of your network provider’s customer service, too. Should you encounter any problems regarding your mobile plan, a good customer service agent should be able to respond swiftly and provide sound solutions to your connectivity issues. For example, Globe Platinum users get to enjoy top-notch customer service and address their problems instantly with the help of their Digital Assistant Thea.
On top of everything, it’s also best to read reviews of the provider’s customer service or ask friends and family about their personal experiences before deciding on a mobile plan. Consider this: most people, as per a report, actually do not mind paying extra for good customer service. Is this something you’re willing to do?
No More Forced Connections
There is no denying that our phones have become an essential communication, information, and entertainment tool. Even with all the options available, of course, it’s ultimately up to you to decide which mobile data plan suits you best.
Known to have the best network coverage in the Philippines, Globe has everything you need for an easy, reliable, and hassle-free mobile data experience. Browse through Globe’s different offers and switch up your digital lifestyle today!