PayPal is the world's leading online payment solution that allows you to safely and securely receive and withdraw funds. With its collaboration with GCash, you can now enjoy the following benefits just by linking your PayPal and GCash accounts!
No withdrawal fees when you transfer your available balance from PayPal to GCash MasterCard!
PayPal users in the Philippines now have a speedier way to manage and withdraw your available PayPal balance received from around the world.
With your GCash MasterCard, swipe and shop online and in stores at over 33 million MasterCard merchants worldwide, plus withdraw cash from nearly 20,000 BancNet ATMs nationwide! No card yet? Learn more about GCash MasterCard here.
Access GCash services at over-the-counter partner network. You can buy prepaid load and get rebates, pay bills easily, or send money, plus Cash In or Cash Out at over 12,000 GCash Partner Outlets (GPOs) nationwide!
Link your PayPal Account
Step 1: Log in to GCash App.
Step 2: On the side menu, select "Link PayPal Account."
Step 3: Enter your PayPal-registered email address.
Step 4: Log in through the PayPal page that will be prompted, then click "Authorize."
Note: Only GCash-verified (or KYC'd) customers can link their own PayPal accounts. Both accounts must be owned by the same person.
Create a PayPal Account
Step 1: Go to https://www.paypal.com/ph/webapps/mpp/account-selection.
Step 2: Select either a "Personal" or Business" account which you would like to open.
Step 3: Enter your email address and choose a password.
Step 4: Fill in the rest of the requested information.
Transfer Available Funds from PayPal to GCash
Step 1: On the dashboard, click ‘Cash-In' and select ‘PayPal'.
Step 2: Select the currency and amount you wish to transfer to GCash.
Step 3: Confirm your transaction.
Note: You can only transfer funds after linking your PayPal account.
- What is the GCash-PayPal partnership about?
GCash and PayPal have collaborated to provide you with greater freedom in accessing your available PayPal balance through the GCash app. Whether you are selling goods or services online or receiving overseas payments, you can now link your PayPal account to GCash, transfer your available PayPal balance to your GCash account and withdraw it through your GCash MasterCard at over 13,000 BancNet ATMs located across the Philippines.
- What are the benefits of using PayPal through my GCash account?
Here are some of the key benefits:
- Reach out to buyers all over the world and easily get paid.
- Receive overseas payments more securely.
- Enjoy a quicker way to transfer your available balance from PayPal to your GCash account.
- Have the flexibility to use GCash MasterCard to shop or withdraw your money at any BancNet ATMs nationwide, or use GCash services such as buy load or pay bills.
- It helps prevent fraud in real-time.
- Get PayPal Seller Protection on eligible transactions.
- What is GCash and how does it work?
GCash is a mobile money service fully-owned by Globe Telecom and regulated by Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP). It enables you to buy load, purchase items, send and receive money, pay bills and more, using your Globe or TM mobile number. GCash turns your mobile into a virtual wallet, providing you with a quick and hassle-free transaction process.
- How do I get started with GCash?
Step 1: Search for "GCash" on the Google Play Store for Android devices and App Store for iOS devices.
Step 2: Open the app and select "New to GCash?"
Step 3: Enter the required information, and a 4-digit MPIN that will be used to confirm your GCash transactions.
- What is GCash verification and how do I proceed?
GCash verification (also known as KYC or know-your-customer) is a one-time validation of GCash customer identity in compliance with Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas requirements. Once you've confirmed your identity, you will be able to increase your GCash account limits and access other services including PayPal.
To complete the verification process, you will need a valid ID (e.g. passport, driver's license, SSS, GSIS, TIN) to be presented at any authorized GCash Verification Outlets such as Globe Stores, Villarica Pawnshops, and Tambunting Pawnshops. You may also apply for a virtual verification via fb.com/gcashverify.
Valid IDs include the following:
- Passport including those issued by foreign governments:
- Driver's license
- PRC ID
- NBI clearance
- Police clearance
- GSIS e-Card
- SSS card
- Senior Citizen card
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration ID
- OFW ID
- Company IDs issued by private entities or institutions registered with or supervised or regulated either by the Bangko Sentral, SEC or IC; and PhilHealth Health Insurance Card ng Bayan
- Where do I get a GCash MasterCard?
You can get a GCash MasterCard at our Globe Stores. For a list of participating stores, please visit this link.
- What else can I do with my GCash?
You can buy Telco load, pay bills, and send money to your friends and family.
- How does PayPal work?
PayPal is the world's leading online payment solution that allows you to send or receive payments easily and safely. We made it easier for small businesses and freelancers to get paid online and on the go. All you need is to sign up for a PayPal account through the GCash app, and you can start requesting and receiving payments from almost anyone around the world. Sign up for a PayPal account
- How do I sign up for a PayPal account through the GCash app?
- Download the GCash app from the Google Play Store for Android devices or the App Store for iOS devices.
- Log in and tap the "Hamburger" settings button on the top left corner.
- Tap "Link PayPal account" in the Account Menu followed by "Create One Now" and you'll be directed to PayPal's website on your smartphone's browser.
- Sign up for a PayPal account by entering a valid email address and password of your choice.
- PayPal will send you a confirmation email. Simply click the link found in your email to confirm your email address and you're all set.
- How do I link my PayPal account to my GCash account?
- Tap on the "Hamburger" settings button in the top left corner of the GCash mobile app, followed by "Link PayPal account".
- Enter a valid email address you used to register to your PayPal account.
- You will be re-directed to PayPal's authorization page within the GCash app.
- Enter an email address and password for your PayPal account.
- Tap the "Authorize" button (in yellow) on the bottom right of the page.
- If the credentials on your GCash account matches your PayPal account, you will receive a successful account linking message within the GCash app.
- You will also receive an email confirmation from PayPal stating that you've signed up for a "preapproved payments plan" with G-Xchange, Inc.
- You'll only need to link your PayPal account to your GCash once. After you've completed a one-time authorization, you should be able to withdraw funds from your GCash.
- How do I transfer funds from my linked PayPal account to GCash?
- Log in to the GCash Mobile app by entering your 4 digit MPIN.
- Tap "Cash-in" at the bottom of the GCash app, followed by "PayPal".
- Choose the currency of the available balance from your PayPal account that you'd like to transfer to your GCash wallet. PayPal balances denominated in non-PHP currencies and transferred to the GCash wallet are automatically converted into PHP
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer (more than P1.00) and tap "Next".
- Review the desired transfer amount and currency and tap ""Proceed".
- You will receive a notification within the app if your transaction is successful.
- You will also receive an SMS from 2882 (GCash) stating the amount transferred from your PayPal account to your GCash wallet.
- Will PayPal accounts based in other countries be eligible for this initiative?
No, only PayPal accounts registered in the Philippines are eligible for this service.
- Why was I unable to link my PayPal and GCash accounts?
Please ensure that your credentials in your PayPal and GCash wallet matches. For further assistance, please contact GCash at 2882.
- How do I disable PayPal from my GCash account?
Simply log in to your PayPal account to remove GCash account at any time. You'll receive an email confirmation from PayPal stating that your preapproved plan with G-Xchange, Inc. has been cancelled.