Globe is committed to providing you with fast and reliable mobile internet service. That's why we've taken steps to implement a Fair Use Policy (FUP).
This greatly impacts the service we offer to other paying subscribers.
These customers often:
- have file-sharing software
- have peer-to-peer/torrent apps on their phones or tablets
- download large-format files (such as music, videos, and movies) consistently
This means customers on an internet promo and plan who exceed 1 GB a day or 3 GB per month (whichever comes first) will experience browsing at slower speeds.
Mobile surfing offers from Globe are generally meant for emailing, browsing, and search activities.
Customers who frequently use file-sharing software or download large files are usually the ones affected by our policy.
Media streaming and downloading of torrents also contribute to the excessive use of bandwidth capacity.
- Allows us to maintain the quality of our mobile internet service and give all Globe customers a fair opportunity to enjoy our network
- Is aligned with the global industry practice of telecommunications providers anywhere in the world and is subject to change without prior notice
- Applies to all surfing promos and internet plans for Globe Postpaid and Tattoo Postpaid, except GoSURF and PowerSurf. It also doesn't cover surfing charged with regular browsing rates (P5/15 minutes)