SIM Replacement for Wireless Account
How much will I be charged for SIM replacement?
The following fees will apply for both prepaid and postpaid SIM replacement:
Globe Load Tipid Plan
Existing customers (SIM replacement)
Upgrade to LTE/5G
End of life
For replacement fees of TM SIM cards, visit https://www.tmtambayan.ph/.
What type of SIM will be given to me?
A 5G-enabled SIM will be issued to you. This 5G SIM supports 3G, 4G LTE, and 5G connections in selected locations with compatible devices.
Do I retain my mobile number when I change my SIM?
Yes, you will still have the same number. This applies to both Globe Prepaid and Postpaid.
Can all Globe customers request for SIM replacement?
Where can I request for a change of SIM?
For postpaid, you may request to change your SIM via the GlobeOne app
at https://globeone.onelink.me/ej7I/ or at the nearest Globe store.
For prepaid, you may visit the nearest Globe store.
For details on the replacement of TM SIM cards, visit https://www.tmtambayan.ph/.
How do I request for change of SIM and what do I need to present?
Here’s how you can request for a change of postpaid and prepaid SIM and listed below are the requirements:
- Tap More from the bottom part of the dashboard section.
- Tap Help, then Get Help.
Through a Globe store:
For account owners:
- For security purposes, all customers are required to take a photo or selfie and upload it in an online request form at the store.
- The head down to shoulders must be captured.
- Eyes should be open.
- The face must be free from obstructions such as glasses or shades.
- Photo must clear, not blurred and with proper lighting.
Reason for change of SIM Requirement Upgrade to an LTE/5G SIM Actual physical SIM/eSIM voucher or handset where eSIM has been activated Defective/damaged SIM
- Actual physical SIM/eSIM voucher or handset where eSIM has been activated
- One original valid ID
Lost or stolen SIM
- SIM bed/GCash Card (if available)/eSIM voucher (if available)
- Notarized Affidavit of Loss (standard) with the following details: Customer Name, citizenship, address, customer signature
- Two (2) original valid IDs (at least one Gov't. ID) presented during the affidavit of loss notarization
- The Globe store will activate the newly-issued SIM within 24 hours.
For authorized representatives (Postpaid SIM only):
|Reason for change of SIM||Requirement|
|Upgrade to an LTE/5G SIM|
Note: The SIM serial number should be clear and readable.
|Lost or stolen SIM|
The Globe store will activate the newly-issued SIM within 24 hours.
For SIM cards that need to be replaced due to loss - activation is through the nearest Globe store.
I lost my phone/SIM but can't go to a Globe store immediately; how can I temporarily deactivate my line?
You may have your line deactivated temporarily to avoid unnecessary charges using one of these two options:
- Send us a message through our official Globe Telecom FB page at @facebook.com/globeph and select Report Lost Phone/SIM.
- Call 0277301000 and select Report Lost Phone/SIM
Will I be able to use my prepaid load when I replace my SIM?
Yes, you'll still be able to consume your remaining load and free text.
Will my roaming service stay active when I replace my SIM?
For both postpaid and prepaid, your roaming service will remain active even after SIM replacement and should not be affected.
Will my GCash wallet stay active when I replace my SIM?
Since the GCASH wallet is linked to your mobile number, there should be no problems for new SIM requests with the same number.
If you got a new SIM card with a different number, register for a new GCash account. Then, submit a new ticket to request for the transfer of your available balance and other records (GInsure, GInvest, GCredit, and Save Money).
- For 'Concern category’ choose:
My GCash Account → I still have funds on my old lost sim, kindly transfer to my new number
- Make sure to list all the GCash financial products and services you are subscribed to for transferring and linking to your new GCash account.
- You'll be required to provide an affidavit of defective/expired/lost SIM if your old number was not verified.
- You'll receive a confirmation email regarding the status of your request within 48 hours.
- After 48 hours, you may also proceed with fully verifying your new number in-app to access your funds.
Will the settings on my iPhone be retained when I replace my SIM?
Your iPhone settings will be restored to its default settings once you use the new SIM. This includes your Mail, Contacts, Calendar and Network. As a result, certain applications and system updates may run again and incur charges. Please check the settings of your phone again to make sure that your preferred settings are active.
Will my promos be retained when I replace my SIM?
Yes, your promo will remain active as long as the registration is not yet expired. This applies to all promos you are registered to prior to SIM replacement.
Note that requirements for continuous prepaid roaming service still apply (i.e., maintaining balance).