Globe VoLTE Technology in NCR
VoLTE stands for voice over LTE. It's a technology that lets you make voice calls over the LTE network, rather than the 2G and 3G networks which we normally use.
VoWiFi, or voice over Wi-Fi, stands for Wi-Fi Calling which is a complementary technology to VoLTE and lets you make voice calls over a Wi-Fi network.
You may use VoLTE or VoWiFi even if your called party doesn’t have a VoLTE-capable device. Calls between VoLTE/VoWiFi - VoLTE/VoWiFi will have a long-beep ringtone, similar to IDD calls. For calls between VoLTE or VoWiFi and 3G/2G, the call will have the normal ringtone.
VoLTE and VoWiFi are being implemented in phases for our postpaid customers and is now available in key areas starting December 18. If VoLTE is activated for your account, the call forwarding feature won’t be available from Nov. 18-Dec. 2020 as a temporary limitation. If you need to use the call forwarding service, text VOLTE OFF to 8080 to request for deactivation of VoLTE which will be processed in 24-48 hours.
- For Samsung, you may simply turn on/off VoLTE and VoWiFi by swiping down from the top in your quick panel, or go to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks for VoLTE or > WiFi for WiFi Calling.
- For Huawei, go to your Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile network for VoLTE, or > WiFi Calling
- For iPhones, go to your Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Voice & Data for VoLTE, or > WiFi Calling
With VoLTE or VoWiFi,
- Your calls sound better
- Your calls connect faster
- Your phone has longer battery life
- You can use calls and data at the same time
- VoWiFi can help alleviate indoor coverage problems
To know if you're connected to VOLTE:
- On Android phones, you should be able to see the VoLTE icon in home screen beside your cell signal bar.
- On iPhones, you should be able to see LTE icon even during calls.
- On Android phones, you should be able to see the VoWiFi icon beside your WiFi signal bar.
- On iPhones, you should be able to see VoWiFi beside the Globe signal when you swipe down from the top and in your lock screen.
Starting November 17, we've started providing VoLTE and VoWiFi to eligible Globe postpaid customers.
If you're a Postpaid customer who resides or frequently visits Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, and Bulacan and are currently using an LTE SIM and VoLTE or VoWiFi-capable device, you may make the request via the GlobeOne app. Just go to the Menu > Help & Support > Send Us Your Concern > Network Concern > I want to activate my VoLTE/VoWiFi service. You may also visit any Globe store in the areas mentioned or through Globe's official social media accounts.
If your device is among the models in this list, then your device is compatible with VoLTE:
- Samsung S8, S8+, Samsung S10, S10e, S10+, S9, S9+, S20, S20+, S20 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Note10, Note10+, Note10 Lite, Note9, Note20, Note20 Ultra 5G,
- Samsung A50, A80, A7 (2018), A6 (2018), A30s, A10s, A6+ (2018), A10
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold, Z Fold2, Z Flip, A30, A50s, A01, A51, A71, A11, A21s, A31s,
- Huawei Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro, Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 30, Mate 30 Pro, Mate 30 Pro 5G
- Huawei P30, P30 Pro, P30 Lite, P40, P40 Pro, P40 Pro+
- Huawei Nova 5T, Nova 3i, Nova 7i, Nova 7 SE (5G), Nova 7 5G,
- Huawei Y9 Prime 2019, Y9 2019, Y9s, Y7 Pro
- Oppo Reno 4, Reno 4z 5G, A53
- Nokia 7.2
- iPhone 6S+, 7 and 7+, 8 and 8+, X, XR, XR Max, Xs, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, SE (2nd Gen), iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
The following devices can be used for VoWiFi:
- S20, S20+, S20 Ultra 5G, S10e, S10, S10+
- Note10+, Note10, Note10 Lite, Note9, Note20, Note20 Ultra 5G,
- Fold, Z Fold2, Z Flip, S8, S8+
- A10, A20, A50s, A70, A50, A80
- A7 (2018), A6 (2018), A30s, A10s, A6+ (2018)
- A11, A21s, A31s,
- P40, P40 Pro, P40 Pro+, Mate 30, Mate 30 Pro, Mate 30 Pro 5G
- 6S+, 7 and 7+, 8 and 8+, X, XR, XS MAX, XS, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, SE (2nd Gen), iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
To check if your software is updated for VoLTE/VoWiFi:
- For Android, go to your Device Settings > Software Update, check if your device is up-to-date. If not, please update it first.
- For iPhones, go to your Settings > General >> About. You'll get a message asking to install the update for new carrier. After downloading this new update, simply restart your iPhone just to ensure that the installation process of all updates is done properly.
We won't be charging additional fees for VoLTE. If you're registered to an unlimited call promo within Globe, you can also have unli VoLTE calls within Globe.
There won't be additional charges for VoWiFi either. These calls will be charged just like a regular call.
To check why you can't use VoLTE, please do the following:
- Check if your device is VoLTE-capable
- Check if there is a software update. For Huawei devices, also check for an update in HiCare App. For Apple, also check in Settings>General>About.
- For Samsung, check if VoLTE is turned on in the icons list when you swipe down from the top, or in your device settings
- Check Network Mode (LTE)
- Check to make sure your Internet APN is internet.globe.com.ph
- Restart your device
To check why you can't use VoWiFi, please do the following:
- Check if the device is capable of VoWiFi.
- Check if the device software is updated.
- Check if connected to WiFi with internet. The WiFi speed considered as reliable for VoWiFi is 512 kbps. You may also conduct an Internet speedtest via www.speedtest.net to make sure.
- Check if VoWiFi is turned on in your device settings and VoLTE is turned off.
- Check if WiFi preferred over mobile network for voice calls is enabled in your device settings.
- Try restarting your device.
If your experience is still the same after performing these troubleshooting steps or if you need further assistance, send us a message at m.me/globeph.
If you're using VoWiFi with your DUO subscription, you need to enable your device location first and/or turn off the airplane mode.