HBO GO is an on-demand streaming service that allows HBO TV / HBO GO subscribers to enjoy thousands of hours of exciting content over multiple devices, anytime, anywhere.
From exclusive HBO and HBO Asia original series, movies and documentaries, to Hollywood blockbusters, Asian dramas and movies, and even an extensive selection of kids-friendly content, there’s just something for everyone!
On HBO GO, you will get to enjoy:
- Unlimited access to thousands of hours of award-winning HBO and HBO Asia original series and movies, Hollywood blockbusters and Asian content
- Every episode, every season of every HBO Original series - uncut.
- The latest Hollywood blockbusters before other streaming services
- 6 Live TV channels: HBO, HBO Hits, HBO Family, HBO Signature, Cinemax, Red by HBO
- New HBO Original episodes same time as the US., on live TV or on-demand
- Multi-language subtitles to go with the series/ movies
- Downloading your favorite shows to watch offline
- Up to 5 registered devices and 2 concurrent streams
The minimum required bit rate is 512kb/sec. (Please note that with a lower connection speed, the video quality will be less desirable). HBO GO employs an adaptive streaming technology that automatically matches your internet speed and the bit rate of the videos.
Yes! HBO GO supports the following devices and operating systems:
- Airplay via Apple TV: tvOS 11 to 13
- Chromecast: All versions
Yes! You may turn on the ‘Parental Control’ feature in the Settings menu. This is in place to ensure that children are not exposed to content that are not suitable for their age when they use HBO GO. The Parental Control feature is controlled by a 4-digit PIN and different levels of restriction: General (G) Parental Guidance (PG), PG13, 16, 18, 21.
After setting your Parental Control PIN you will be asked to enter the PIN whenever you play any content that is equivalent to or exceeds the restricted level.
HBO GO adds new movies and TV show episodes every single week throughout the year. You can even enjoy the latest episodes of HBO Original Series on the same day as it premieres in the US!
Please note that new movies will be available on HBO GO after they premiere on TV.
You can subscribe to HBO GO using the following methods:
- In-app subscription via App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android)
- Subscription via Globe At Home App (free 3-month subscription for new Globe At Home customers and plan upgraders starting December 1, 2020 until March 15, 2021)
You can subscribe to HBO GO in the Philippines at P149 per month with a 7-day free trial. The free trial automatically converts to the paid subscription if you don’t opt out prior to the end of the 7-day period.
Note that for Google Play purchases, you’ll be charged 12% VAT on top of the monthly fee of P149 (a total of P166.88/month).
You may subscribe to HBO GO via Google Play and charge to bill or load via these steps:
- Download the HBO GO App from the Google Play store
- Create an account with a valid email address
- Tap on Subscribe Now to purchase a subscription through Google Play
- Choose Globe as payment method and pay with your Google Play account
Your subscription will auto-renew every month amounting to P166.88 VAT Inc. New Google Play subscribers will automatically get a 7-day free trial when they sign up. Your subscription will begin the day after the free trial ends.
If you have subscribed via Google Play:
- Go to Google Play Store on your Android Device (you must be signed in using the Google account that is used to pay for your HBO GO subscription)
- Select the Menu icon
- Select Subscriptions
- Select HBO GO
- Select Cancel Subscription
- Select Cancel Subscription again to confirm
If you cancel your subscription, access to HBO GO will cease only at the end of the current billing cycle.
No, you will no longer be able to access the HBO GO app once you unsubscribe.
Follow these simple steps:
- Download and open the Globe At Home app then log-in
- Go to the menu and click on "World @ Home Rewards"
- Click "Watch"
- Click "HBO GO"
- Copy the voucher code.
- Go to www.hbogoasia.ph/globeredeem or go to hbogoasia.ph and choose activate your voucher on the Subscription Method page
- Enter the HBO GO voucher code
- Enjoy watching!
You have to redeem your access within 60 days upon receipt of your voucher.
No, the voucher can only be activated by customers who don’t have an active HBO GO subscription.
At the end of the 3-month period, you will get a notification that your subscription has expired. You will have the option to renew your subscription to the paid version of HBO GO via the Google Play Store or App Store by updating your subscription on the app.