HBO GO is an on-demand streaming service that allows HBO TV / HBO GO subscribers to enjoy thousands of hours of exciting content over multiple devices, anytime, anywhere.
From exclusive HBO and HBO Asia original series, movies and documentaries, to Hollywood blockbusters, Asian dramas and movies, and even an extensive selection of kids-friendly content, there’s just something for everyone!
On HBO GO, you will get to enjoy:
- Unlimited access to thousands of hours of award-winning HBO and HBO Asia original series and movies, Hollywood blockbusters and Asian content
- Every episode, every season of every HBO Original series - uncut.
- The latest Hollywood blockbusters before other streaming services
- 6 Live TV channels: HBO, HBO Hits, HBO Family, HBO Signature, Cinemax, Red by HBO
- New HBO Original episodes same time as the US., on live TV or on-demand
- Multi-language subtitles to go with the series/ movies
- Downloading your favorite shows to watch offline
- Up to 5 registered devices and 2 concurrent streams
The minimum required bit rate is 512kb/sec. (Please note that with a lower connection speed, the video quality will be less desirable). HBO GO employs an adaptive streaming technology that automatically matches your internet speed and the bit rate of the videos.
Yes! HBO GO supports the following devices and operating systems:
- Airplay via Apple TV: tvOS 11 to 13
- Chromecast: All versions
Yes! You may turn on the ‘Parental Control’ feature in the Settings menu. This is in place to ensure that children are not exposed to content that are not suitable for their age when they use HBO GO. The Parental Control feature is controlled by a 4-digit PIN and different levels of restriction: General (G) Parental Guidance (PG), PG13, 16, 18, 21.
After setting your Parental Control PIN you will be asked to enter the PIN whenever you play any content that is equivalent to or exceeds the restricted level.
HBO GO adds new movies and TV show episodes every single week throughout the year. You can even enjoy the latest episodes of HBO Original Series on the same day as it premieres in the US!
Please note that new movies will be available on HBO GO after they premiere on TV.
- Subscription via GlobeOne for only P149/month for Globe Prepaid, Globe Postpaid and Globe Platinum customers.
- Subscription via Globe At Home App (free 3-month subscription for new Globe At Home customers and plan upgraders starting December 1, 2020 until June 30, 2021).
- In-app subscription via App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android)
- Subscription via the Buy Load section of the GCash app (under Daily Deals)
You can subscribe to HBO GO in the Philippines at P149 VAT inc. per month via GlobeOne.
You may also purchase via Google Play, however, you'll be charged 12% VAT on top of the monthly fee of P149 (a total of P166.88/month). This comes with a 7-day free trial. The free trial automatically converts to the paid subscription if you don't opt out prior to the end of the 7-day period.
You may subscribe to HBO GO via GlobeOne via these steps:
- Download or log-in to GlobeOne app or GlobeOne web. Make sure you have a Globe number tied to your GlobeOne account.
- Go to the Dashboard or Lifestyle section, look for HBO GO and click "Subscribe" or "Get This"
- Review the T&Cs and confirm subscription. You will be redirected to the Play Store / App Store or the HBO GO app if app is already downloaded on the device.
- Log-in or create an HBO GO account.
- Choose "Globe" under "Link your existing HBO GO subscription"
- Log-in using your GlobeOne ID to finish your activation.
- Start watching!
Note: For Globe Postpaid & Platinum customers, your subscription will auto-renew every month amounting to P149 VAT Inc. Globe Prepaid customers will have to re-subscribe every month.
2. Google Play Download the HBO GO App from the Google Play store
- Create an account with a vaild email address
- Tap on Subscribe Now to purchase a subscription through Google Play
- Choose Globe as payment method and pay with your Google Play account
Note: Your subscription will auto-renew every month amounting to P166.88 VAT Inc. New Google Play subscribers will automatically get a 7-day free trial when they sign up. Your subscription will begin the day after the free trial ends.
You can unsubscribe from HBO GO in two ways:
- Text HBO GO 149 STOP to 8080.
- Unsubscribe via GlobeOne. Make sure that your HBO GO subscription is active in order to see the Unsubscribe button in the Globe Life section of the GlobeOne dashboard.
If you have subscribed via Google Play:
- Go to Google Play Store on your Android Device (you must be signed in using the Google account that is used to pay for your HBO GO subscription)
- Select the Menu icon
- Select Subscriptions
- Select HBO GO
- Select Cancel Subscription
- Select Cancel Subscription again to confirm
If you cancel your subscription, access to HBO GO will cease only at the end of the current billing cycle.
Yes, you can still access your HBO GO once you unsubscribe until the end of your current billing period.
Make sure that cross-site tracking is enabled on your browser settings. Once done, you may try again.
Make sure that your Globe number is linked to your GlobeOne ID. Then, subscribe to HBO GO via GlobeOne before going to the HBO GO app to ensure successful activation and login.
- For Android users, force close your HBO GO app and open it again, or logout of your current HBO account and log in again.
- For iOS users, clear your active session by uninstalling/reinstalling the HBO GO app.
This happens because your device is not supported by custom tabs. Don’t worry, you should still be able to activate your subscription despite the black background. You may also try activating your subscription on another device.
Follow these simple steps:
- Download and open the Globe At Home app then log-in
- Go to the menu and click on "World @ Home Rewards"
- Click "Watch"
- Click "HBO GO"
- Copy the voucher code.
- Go to www.hbogoasia.ph/globeredeem or go to hbogoasia.ph and choose activate your voucher on the Subscription Method page
- Enter the HBO GO voucher code
- Enjoy watching!
You have to redeem your access within 60 days upon receipt of your voucher.
No, the voucher can only be activated by customers who don’t have an active HBO GO subscription.
At the end of the 3-month period, you will get a notification that your subscription has expired. You will have the option to renew your subscription to the paid version of HBO GO via the Google Play Store or App Store by updating your subscription on the app.